So, here’s the deal with me lately.
I won’t get into the gory details, but some days I wake up just feeling like crap.
Yesterday was one of those days.
And I know my body well enough to know what the culprit is: my diet.
I’ve still been tracking my macros every day, but the quality of my food isn’t as high as it should be (or as high as it used to be, I should say) so starting TODAY, I am changing that.
Every slight change in my diet affects me. For example, (Now this part might be “TMI” for guys, so if you’re a dude you might want to stop reading now) I notice hormonal changes within my body from what I eat. Anything highly processed, high in sugar, high in crap will make me bloat, make me tired, make “that time of the month” as miserable as possible.
When I eat high quality wholesome healthy foods I feel energetic, happy, motivated. No bloating, no feeling like crap.
SO, tonight is grocery night. I will be eliminating the following from my grocery list:
- Artificial Sweeteners (Splenda, Truvia (which is said to be natural but still contains fillers). I literally go through nearly 10 packets of sweetener per day. What the hell. It needs to stop.
- Anything that contains artificial sweeteners (sugar-free pudding mix, Mio, powdered drink mixes, etc)
- Anything that contains high fructose corn syrup (such as cereals, salad dressings, etc)
- Legumes, only because they are really hard for me to digest and cause major bloating
Things I will be adding to my grocery list which I do not normally get:
- Honey (to replace the artificial sweeteners in my recipes)
- More vegetables (not that I don’t already consume enough, but they’re great for snacking!)
- More fruit (can also be used to sweeten my recipes, especially banana. And they’re a great source of fiber)
- More lean protein, rather than processed meats such as pepperoni and deli meats.
- Cottage cheese & plain Greek yogurt. They’re a great source of protein and seem to agree with my tummy in small amounts.
I will also be drinking plenty of water! No more Propel, Powerwade, Diet Green Tea, diet soda!
That’s the game plan. Simple enough, right? I’ll report back in a week or so to let you guys know how it’s going!